Monday, November 28, 2011

First Semester

I got a new roommate the day before I left for thanksgiving break. I thought I wasn't going to get one until next semester, but she moved in two days before the roommate freeze started. She seems nice, but I was getting used to living on my own. I didn't have to think about anyone else's feeling, and I had more space all to myself. I'm also terrible at saying no, but maybe I'll get some practice by living here. I guess I was kind of dreading having to come back to a different living style. I wish I could just embrace change and make the most of it, but I guess I'll just be dragging my feet for a while. I'm kind of glad that she has moved in however, because I would have had to try to find a new roommate at a room switch thing on December 1st. Also, she seems like she is willing to hang out together when we get time and who knows maybe I'll even make a new friend. She also seems easy going and it seems like we are both open to telling each other when we are upset at something the other one does. I should be less lonely and less lazy now, so maybe this is good for me. I think we will get along pretty well, so it's probably just my stick to the plan personality that is making me kind of nervous.

I when home for the first time this semester. I was so excited and I could wait to see what I was missing out on while I was gone. I miss having my younger sister around to talk to all the time. We get along really well, and she is only one grade younger then me. We can always talk about having to deal with the same crazy teacher and we know most of the people in each others' grade. We also have the exact same humor, so I couldn't wait to watch Bridesmaids with her. I learned that I missed home. I missed the people, the food, and the environment overall. I miss teaching Sunday School every week, I miss my birds, and I miss my bed. I love it here and I love being independent and making my own decisions, but I also still love home. I'm glad there is only about three weeks until Winter Break. It's going to feel like a piece of cake compared to the almost three month stay a stuck it out before. The only problem is now I'm coming back to huge projects that I haven't touched yet. That's probably the biggest reason why I dreaded coming back. Oh well, it may be a long, hard dash to the finish line, but I guarantee I'll make it at the last possible second no matter what it takes.

2 comments:

  1. When I Transferred to Stout almost 2 years ago, I was put into a room with another kid who had already been here. He probably thought the same thing that you did. We got along just fine, but it's tough, it is. Coming into a place and getting along with a different person from a different place/state. It's different. You'll be fine though, only a month to go. If it doesn't work out, there can always be a new change.

    Also, the projects coming up around the final turn...I hear you, but all I can say is don't procrastinate. Unfortunately, I have fallen to the overpowering procrastination. This will be my last semester, I just can't hack it anymore. I can't imagine being here in Wisconsin. I also live in the twin cities area and I'd just rather be at home.

    Stick with it though, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people on my floor are switching roommates and its total chaos! I'm lucky because me and my roommate are the perfect match, we are even rooming together next year. One girl on my floor wants to move into this other girls room because her roommate is leaving at the end of the semester but her roommate was mad because she didn't want to get stuck with a random. Now she's getting another girl from our floor who is scared to move in with her because she's really hard to live with. I hope everything goes better with you and you end up with a roommate like mine and you make a new best friend!

    ReplyDelete